Something amazing happened in the past few days. I actually have some spare time. And in those spare time, I’ve manage to update the IIUM Schedule suite of tools with some fixes. For Automatic IIUM Schedule Formatter, the changes are mostly internal and therefore the changes are not so visible. Actually I made the changes several month ago, but for most people, nothing changed.
The SemiAutomatic IIUM Schedule Maker one the other hand, have one fix and its an important one. Previously the way it scrape IIUM’s schedule data, it assume that for each section, there is only one row. I made it that way because I thought all section is like that. Later on it become apparent that some section data are contained on more than one row. So it originally will only consider the first row.
In another word, previously a significant majority of user did not see the whole section’s schedule. And now it has been fixed. I planned to do a bigger update regarding things like navigation, but it seems that the prereg date is very near. So I just do the fix and declare it V7. Another useful update is now it can consider tutorial classes. It can now prompt you if a tutorial class clash with another section.
That is all regarding IIUM Schedule. On an unrelated matter, for those of you who are interested in programming competition, specifically ACM ICPC, or want to know more about it, I’ve made a post on another site that introduce you to the world of competitive programming. So please check it out and tell your friends about it. That is all for now. Thank you for reading.