Problems with it:
- I don’t understand a thing about its manual partitioning.
- This is the main thing why I did not install fedora in the first place. I don’t know how.
- It does not have a decent GUI package manager. No, the gnome software one will not do. I’m talking about synaptic or aptitude or at least like yast. I want to be able to easily see which package is available, not just software.
- Tips: ‘yum search’ do what you expect it to do.
- The gnome software hangs. If it hang but give progress, I’ll be a little bit less bored.
- Slow mirror. Whats the use of having hundreds of server if most of them are really slow? User will most likely connect to the slow servers and will get 15kB/s download speed.
- Tips: The fastmirror plugin don’t do much. This one does https://hedayatvk.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/introducing-yum-fast-downloader-plugin/.
- You can also blacklist a mirror using the blacklist option of yum.conf